Amazon is the most famous online marketplace in the world. According to statistics, up to 70% of sales made in the United States occur on the site of this marketplace. The popularity of Amazon is explained by the simplicity and convenience of trade transactions, well-oiled sales technology, understandable working conditions and excellent service. The latter provides a well-developed and customized interface, as well as a round-the-clock support service, where the client can always contact in case of problems or emergency situations.
Unfortunately, due to the huge flow of requests, service specialists do not always have time to quickly eliminate all emerging problems. Many buyers and sellers note that their answers are sometimes formal, miss the target, or do not completely solve the problem.
In this article, we will tell you about the features of the Amazon Support Service, options for communicating with specialists, the correct design of contacting technical support, and we will also give some useful tips for promptly resolving your issue.
Features of the Amazon support service for the seller
Amazon Customer Service is dedicated to solving any problem you might have when dealing with “Earth’s most customer-centric company.” Anyone can contact her in any way they can: by phone, email and chat 24/7.
Amazon Customer Service can be accessed by both buyers and sellers. The most common reasons for clients to contact us are:
- issues of return / exchange of goods and funds;
- payment system settings;
- problems with a trading account;
- unlocking an account;
- errors in prices;
- compromised performance.
How to contact Amazon Support for a seller
Below is a detailed instruction on how to interact with Amazon Customer service:
Stage 1. Find the “Contact us” button and click on it.
Stage 2. In Contacts, select the “Selling on Amazon” and “Advertising and Stores” tab.
Stage 3. After selecting the “Other issues” option, three tabs will appear: “E-mail”, “Phone” and “Chat”, and you will also be offered a choice of language for communication with Amazon support.
Before contacting Customer service, Amazon strongly recommends that you study the following guidelines:
- make sure you are checking the status of the case and not opening a new one.
- you should not open a new case if it is already being considered on the same issue.
- check urgent if the case is time sensitive.
- If you need more time to respond, you can make a request to Amazon to keep the case open.
- if the case is closed and you think it was processed incorrectly, reopen it, but do not open a new case.
Please be aware that the company rejects requests that are not in line with their policy. Amazon could close a case or limit support if these guidelines are not followed.
Contacting Customer Support by phone
If you would like to speak to a service technician over the phone, follow these steps:
- Select the phone call request tab.
- Find your country in the dropdown menu.
- Enter your phone number.
- Briefly describe the problem.
- Click on the “Call me now” button.
You can also call Amazon directly for quick answers. This must be done from the mobile phone associated with your account, as the customer service representative will send you a verification code in a text message before you can start asking questions or sharing a problem.
Amazon Support Phone: 1-888-280-4331. It can be called 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Direct number for CIS countries: 1-206-922-0880, it can be dialed using Skype.
It’s okay if your knowledge of English is not perfect – the support staff use automatic translation, as they often deal with foreign clients. If necessary, you can ask for help from friends who are fluent in the language. You should be prepared to provide some documents and some personal data.
Contact Support via chat
Another convenient option for communicating with an Amazon customer service specialist is live chat. To use such a means of communication, you need:
- Once logged in and on the home page, scroll down the page and in the column labeled “Let Us Help You” click “Help.”
- On the next page, under the “Browse Help Topics” heading, hover over (or click on your mobile device) “Need More Help”.
- Click on “Contact Us” in the menu that appears on the right.
- On the next page, select a common area of concern from the four suggested topics: An Order I Placed, “” Devices, “” Digital Content and Services, “or” Prime or Something Else.
- Click the drop-down panels under the Tell us more heading.
- Click the button with the word “Chat” to start an online conversation with a customer service representative.
Как отправить электронное письмо в службу поддержки клиентов Amazon
If you prefer to contact Amazon by e-mail, then you can send requests to two addresses:
- email@example.com – for matters related to your account, such as billing disputes;
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for general questions.
Communication by email has a number of advantages: firstly, you can think well and formulate your question in a concise and understandable way in advance, and secondly, the email creates a record of your correspondence and thus may be the best method for solving some problems. The answer usually comes within a day or a little more.
Other ways to contact Amazon Customer Service
It is also possible to communicate with the Amazon customer service via social media. You can comment, tweet, or use a hashtag for one of their multiple accounts. This is not the most effective way of communicating with them, but it allows them to voice the problem, potentially requiring a more thorough solution on the part of the company.
Amazon Customer Service Social Accounts:
- on Twitter – @amazonhelp
- on Instagram – @amazon
- on Facebook – www.facebook.com/Amazon.
If your problem is urgent, you can select the “Need urgent help” option. But it only addresses critical issues that can have a significant impact on your customers or your business. This prioritized option will ensure quick communication with Amazon Customer service.
The problems for which you can seek urgent help are as follows:
- errors in prices that you are not able to fix on your own;
- if the announced price update has not occurred within 24 hours;
- account hacking;
- channels or product lists are not displayed 24 hours after downloading.
- difficulties in receiving payments;
- problems with your ASIN registered brand.
Avoid using the urgent option if your situation does not fit this list.
How to interact more productively with Amazon Support (tips)
In order to save time, some sellers send a letter in which they state all their problems at once. This is the wrong move, as the support staff is dedicated to specific topics. This can lead to confusion and wasted time. It is much more efficient to prepare several emails for each of the problems and calmly communicate with an individual specialist.
And some more useful tips:
- Thoroughness and brevity. Clearly, logically and concisely state your problem in an email. Structure your text with thoughtful wording;
- Provide context. List the actions or events that, in your opinion, led to the problem. Also include any additional information that you may need in the course of resolving your question;
- Be firm but polite. The solution to your problem is not expedited by being rude to your customer service representative, so stay polite even if you feel like your business is not being handled well enough.
Keep in mind that not all seller issues are the responsibility of Amazon Customer service. This applies, for example, to an account recovery appeal, which is the prerogative of Seller Performance. However, the support specialists will be able to give some recommendations, direct them to the page with the necessary information.
For more information on how to effectively interact with Amazon Support, please visit our Followise programs – the first business training academy on the world’s largest marketplaces.